God of the Hills and valleys


*God of the Hills and valleys*
And a man of God came near and said to the king of Israel, "Thus says the LORD, 'Because the Syrians have said, "The LORD is a god of the hills but he is not a god of the valleys," therefore I will give all this great multitude into your hand, and you shall know that I am the LORD.'"
(1Ki 20:28 ESV-r)
*The Israelites had defeated their enemies who out-numbered them in the hills and came to the conclusion that the Israelites gods where gods of the hills. . .Meanwhile, the officers of King Benhadad of Aram told him, "Their god is a god of the hills. That is why they were stronger than we were. However, if we fight them on the plain, we will be stronger than they are. (1Ki 20:23)
*The war continued and was now set for a battle in the valleys. . .And the children of Israel got themselves together, and food was made ready and they went against them; the tents of the children of Israel were like two little flocks of goats before them, but all the country was full of the Aramaeans.(1Ki 20:27) Again here we can see the enemy filled the country and the army of Israel was like two flocks of goats for slaughter, but who won?. . .Now the two armies kept their positions facing one another for seven days. And on the seventh day the fight was started; and the children of Israel put to the sword a hundred thousand Aramaean footmen in one day.
(1Ki 20:29)
*Glory to God the enemy was defeated. Hills are often seen as high points in life and valleys the low points, that is the good times and the trying times. The Lord Jesus is still the same whether you are flourishing or going through a hard time. He is God always and is able to keep you high above every enemy and to pick you up out of the trying times and place you up above your enemies. . .I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Php 4:12-13)
*PRAYER*
My God I thank you that you are the same yesterday today and forever. I believe that you will deliver from all evil and raise me up out of any pit or difficult situation because you are the God of the hills and valleys, you are Lord of lords and King of kings. My Father lift me up and out of every low and dark place and keep me victorious over all forms of defeat in Jesus name. Amen
*See more*
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
(Psa 139:8-10 KJV)
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
(Rom 8:37 KJV)


 

0 Comments