FEAR HIM


*FEAR HIM*

And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
(Luk 12:4-5 KJV)
Jesus here spoke to a multitude of people, warning them to have reverence for the creator. Only God has the ability to save one from hell. On earth many people may give more reverence to the government or a mafia gang but truly they have no power. This is why when Jesus stood before Pilate He told him that he had no power over him (when Pilate said to Jesus he had the power to release or convict him).
As believers we must seek to serve God with our whole heart, mind and strength. For a time now the gospel has been watered down towards seeking blessing and financial gain. This Jesus will give but is not the priority. What does it profit for one to have a wonderful family live a comfortable financial life on earth but forsake their heavenly calling? For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. (Luk 12:30 KJV)
Let your life revolve around the purpose God created you for any other achievement will leave you disappointed. Whichever field you are called to it is for the purpose of bringing the message of the price Jesus Christ paid for the world with His blood. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. (Mat 10:38-39 KJV)
Anyone who hears God’s word to them and follows it respects and fears Him.
*ACT*
Make a decision to be rich towards God in all you do. Surely you will find your life.
And he gave an illustration: "A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops. In fact, his barns were full to overflowing. So he said, 'I know! I'll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I'll have room enough to store everything. And I'll sit back and say to myself, My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!' "But God said to him, 'You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get it all?' "Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God."
(Luk 12:16-21 NLT)
*The Word for Today* Sun 10/5/20
Whatsapp “Add” to https://wa.me/263715114547 and save +263715114547 in your contacts. To receive devotions via Whatsapp
Whatsapp “Stop” to https://wa.me/263715114547 to stop receiving devotions via Whatsapp
Copyright © 2020 The Word Of Truth, All rights reserved.



 

0 Comments