GOD LOOKS AT THE HEART


 *GOD LOOKS AT THE HEART*

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
(1Sa 16:7 NKJV)
In the Gospels we can see clearly the religious leaders of the day were strongly against Jesus and eventually plotted His death. Pilate even tried to release Jesus because he knew the Pharisees were jealous of Him. These were the people in charge of running the church at that time yet Jesus refused them because they rejected His word. In public they seemed to all as people representing God. I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. (Jer 17:10 KJV)
Our Father sees differently he checks the purity of one’s heart. Personally I’ve often received stronger opposition from Christians then from worldly people. This doesn’t mean every Christian or every Pharisee during Jesus day are against the gospel. We do however see that at times what appear true can be false and vice-versa. The prophet Samuel who we are told that everything he prophesied came to pass with 100% accuracy. This accurate prophet nearly anointed the wrong King by looking with a natural eye. David’s brothers had qualities of Kingship, David wasn’t even considered but God chose him. (opening verse)
Our Father knows the heart of a person. At times you may think you did something wrong but God will always know your true nature and heart. No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. (Joh 6:44 KJV) The Father draws those with a pure heart to Him. Saul was seen as evil by Christians but the Father knew his heart was pure and used him for His Glory. God always uses people who are least likely. He calls crooks like Zacchaeus, prostitutes like Mary, murderers like Moses changes them and uses them. Never rule yourself out or anyone else from Gods greatness because Jesus chooses whom He will.
*PRAYER*
Father thank you that you know me inside out. Your grace and mercy makes me worthy to be used by you. I thank you Father that you perfect me in my faults and you know my heart. Lord God help me to see as you see, to see the inside of people and not the external appearance in Jesus name. Amen
For we speak as messengers who have been approved by God to be entrusted with the Good News. Our purpose is to please God, not people. He is the one who examines the motives of our hearts. (1Th 2:4 NLT)
*The Word for Today* Wed 20/5/20
Whatsapp “Add” to https://wa.me/263715114547 and save +263715114547 in your contacts.
To receive devotions via Whatsapp
Whatsapp “Stop” to https://wa.me/263715114547 to stop receiving devotions via Whatsapp
Copyright © 2020 The Word Of Truth, All rights reserved.

0 Comments